Jedidiah “Jed” Dooley is an attorney in Hopkins & Carley’s San Jose office. His practice focuses on business litigation, assisting clients in handling an array of business issues including:
- Landlord tenant issues
- Brokerage commission disputes
- Partnership and shareholder dissolutions
- Trade secret protection
- Licensing and contract disputes
He has represented a wide variety of entities, from small businesses to Fortune 500 companies. Jed is also part of the Hopkins & Carley e‑Discovery team and provides advice and counsel to clients regarding preservation and discovery obligations.
- Successfully defended client against a $5 million fraud claim in Delaware Chancery Court, and obtained findings that plaintiff spoliated evidence, acted in bad faith, and brought frivolous claims. The court originally dismissed the case and then later awarded $2.3 million of attorney fees and costs to our client.
- Successfully defended a commercial real estate developer against allegations of fraud and breach of contract in a six week jury trial in Shasta County.
- Successfully defended startup company in San Francisco in a complex unlawful detainer trial involving zoning disputes.
- Successfully resolved multi-million dollar brokerage commission claim in Alameda County against Fortune 500 Company.
- Successfully resolved contentious buyout of minority shareholder in case involving claims of misappropriation of trade secrets and breaches of fiduciary duty.
- Successfully represented a public-traded semiconductor company and several individuals against multi-million dollar claim stemming from alleged poaching of employees.
- Notre Dame Club of Silicon Valley
- Pleasanton Chamber of Commerce
- State Bar of California (2005)
- J.D. (magna cum laude) University of Seattle
- B.A. (cum laude), Finance and Mathematics, University of Notre Dame